Etched brass kit. LBSCR Diagram198/171 SR Diagram 71/72 The nine compartment thirds were of three types, Diagram 171 were 1910 rebuilds, Diagram 198 were all new in two batches 1910 - 1913 and 1921. Another seven were built from brake thirds in 1936 / 37 for the Isle of Wight. Between 1942 and 25 a few were paired with push-pull coaches, otherwise none went into sets. In 1925 / 26 all the Diagram 171 / 198 coaches were modified for use as 2 car trailer sets to run between 3 SUB electric units. The electric trailers were withdrawn in 1947 / 48, except for some that became de-icing trailers and were withdrawn in 1961 / 62. The Isle of Wight rebuilds lasted till 1966 at the end of steam and No 2416 is preserved at Haven Street. Now supplied with our all metal bogies.