These vehicles were built in 1899 as fruit vans (Kit 4C8). In early 1900 five of them were rebuilt as ambulance coaches to handle casualties returning from the Boer War. They are principally associated with the Military Hospital at Netley but ranged far and wide between various ports and hospitals. Being military vehicles their history is very shadowy, but it is quite likely that they survived to serve in the Second World War. Livery was khaki with French grey upper panels. Only available to special order with a turnround of at least 5 weeks. TO SPECIAL ORDER ONLY.